By completing the online or printed Registration and Permission to Participate Form, check in will go smoothly on your first day. These must be completed before your child can participate in the Mile High Academy Summer Camp programs. Please complete and print ahead of time to make registration faster on the first day of camp. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you!
Summer Camps Policies and Procedures
Camp runs each day from 8:30am-4:00pm, morning and afternoon care available. Pick-up takes place on the Mile High Academy campus.
Late Pick-Ups – Children not picked up at the end of the camp day, 4pm for regular hours, will be supervised by MHA staff in After Care $4 for (1) child, $7 for (2) children, and $10 for (3) or more children. A fee of $1 per minute will be charged starting 15 minutes camp end time after the 6pm After Care. Every attempt will be made to contact parents. Please pick-up your child on time, every day. Thank you.
Beginning of Camp:
• All drop offs and pick ups are located at the designated areas, field or front office
• Drop off for Before Care is 7am
• Drop off for Regular Hours is 8:30am
End of Camp:
• Pick-up for Regular Hours is 4pm
• Pick-up for After Care is 6pm
Participants must be between grades K- 12, depending on the session chosen. Grade level refers to the grade they will enter in the Fall. Approval from the Summer Camp Director must be made in advance for children participating in programs outside of the given age ranges.
What to Bring
• Water bottle (fountains available on campus)
• Snack and juice (you can also leave money with the camp counselors for snacks)
• Sunscreen, please pack sunscreen for your child(ren). We will make every effort possible to assist in applying the sunscreen prior to the start of camp
What to Wear
• Comfortable and light colored clothing is best, camp shirts will be provided the first day of camp.
• Tennis shoes or the like
• Children are not to bring cell phones, ipods, toys, electronic games or trading cards to the camp. The camp staff and the university are not responsible for any lost or stolen articles while your child is attending camp.
• If your child will not be attending camp (due to illness, etc.) please inform the camp office prior to 8:00 a.m. at 303-744-1069
• If you are late in dropping your children off, it is your responsibility to walk them to the appropriate camp area
• If you plan to pick your children up from camp earlier than the end time, you (or another adult you have authorized to pick up your child) must come to the camp area and sign them out for the day.
• Children who exhibit repetitive disciplinary behavior will be subject to dismissal from the camp. A refund will not be given. Parents will be notified of problems and encouraged to assist the camp staff in resolving the problems.
• If your child has special needs, (i.e. allergies, medication, behavior, instruction etc.) please alert the camp staff in letter form and turn it in to the camp office with the required waiver forms.
• If your child has an IEP or Behavior Plan from their school mail it to the camp office with the required waiver forms.
Mile High Academy is a non-profit organization funded by program fees, membership, donations and grants. Mile High Academy does provide financial assistance and scholarships to families in need. Please contact the front office at 303-744-1069 for more information about our need based assistance.
Payment – Deposit required by March 10, 2017. A deposit or payment in full is required to reserve your child’s space in camp. Contact the office or go online to purchase camps, milehighacademy.org/shop.
All balance payments will be due the week before camp begins. Your credit card or bank draft will be charged automatically through our online registration system on that date, unless you choose to pay by another method on or before that date. We can accept Visa or MasterCard payment by phone, check payment by mail, or cash, check, or credit card payment in person during normal business hours. Normal business hours are Monday – Thursday, 8:30am to 3:30pm, Friday from 8:30am to 12:30pm. Space will not be reserved until payment is received. If full payment is not received the week before your child’s camp week, your child’s reservation will no longer be held and your deposit will not be refunded. After this date, we cannot guarantee that space will be available when your payment is received.
Cancellations – If a cancellation is made a week before the camp start date, a 50% refund will be issued. If a cancellation is made after this time no refunds will be issued.
Return Drafts or Checks for Non-Sufficient Funds – Any drafts or checks returned for Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) will be subjected to an additional $25.00 service charge.
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Mile High Academy we have a few fundamental principles:
• We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
• We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
• We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
Please contact us if you have questions about any of our policies and procedures, front office call 303-744-1069 or email email@example.com. Go online to find out more about all our camps.