National Honor Society
The Mile High Academy Faculty Committee members will select students to be inducted as members of the National Honor Society. The criteria for selection will be based on a student’s exemplary performance in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service and character. These criteria form the foundation upon which the organization and its activities are built. The following is a detailed list of the criteria for selection:
- Grade Level – Students in grades 11 and 12 will be considered each year.
- Attendance – Students must maintain satisfactory attendance records to be considered.
- Scholarship – Students who have a cumulative GPA of 3.66 or higher will be considered.
- Service – This quality is defined through the voluntary contributions made by a student to the school, church, or community, done without compensation and with a positive, courteous, and enthusiastic spirit. Students who participate in organizing and implementing outreach or ministry activities at school, church or for the community will be considered.
- Leadership – Student leaders are those who are resourceful, positive problem solvers, promoters of school activities, idea-contributors, dependable, and who exemplify positive attitudes about life. Students who demonstrate leadership at school, church or in the community will be considered.
- Character – A student of good character upholds principles of morality and ethics, is cooperative, demonstrates high standards of honesty and reliability, shows courtesy, concern and respect for others and maintains a good and clean lifestyle.
Students who are interested in becoming a member of the Mile High Academy National Honor Society should complete the application process. This includes a completed application by the student expressing accomplishments in the above areas and one letter of recommendation from someone outside the school community. The deadline for turning in applications is March 1.
Once applications have been received, the MHA faculty will consider each and vote on who will be inducted into membership.
Membership in the NHS will undoubtedly aid in the student’s ability to obtain awards and scholarships upon entering college.